Our road traffic accident lawyers are here to help you. We have substantial experience in handling all types of RTA claims, from prangs to accidents involving life-changing injuries or fatal collisions. Our expert lawyers are on your side with the skills and commitment needed to fight your corner to get you RTA compensation.
Road Traffic Accident Claims
Road traffic accident claims do not just involve drivers in cars. Our specialist road traffic accident lawyers can help you if you have been involved in an RTA as a:
- Pedestrian - including where a car has failed to stop at lights or collided with you when you were crossing the road
- Passenger - including if you were being driven in a relative or friend’s car or you were a passenger on public transport
- Cyclist - or motorbike rider
- Horse rider - or another type of road user
- Driver - including a professional driver such as a taxi driver or an HGV driver
Fault And Road Traffic Accident Claims
Road traffic accident lawyers are used to RTA victims being reluctant to make an RTA claim because:
- A relative or friend was driving and caused the accident – the fact that you were being driven by a spouse or parent, or other family member does not prevent you from making a claim. Your relative will have insurance, and the insurer is the one who will be liable to pay the compensation. Our RTA lawyers are experienced in handling accident claims where the defendant is a close friend or family member.
- The driver was not prosecuted – although a prosecution and motoring conviction helps it is not vital to bring an RTA claim as our road traffic accident lawyers are skilled in gathering all the evidence needed to bring a claim.
- There was fault on both sides – it is often the case that there was an element of fault on both sides, such as a passenger forgetting to put their seatbelt on. Our specialist RTA lawyers will advise you on whether you have grounds to make a claim and if the amount you are likely to receive in compensation may be reduced because of what is referred to as contributory negligence.
Our road traffic accident lawyers will talk you through whether you have a potential claim and advise on the next steps.
Compensation For Road Traffic Accident Injuries
The nature of road traffic accident injuries is many and various, ranging from:
- Whiplash and minor injuries
- Broken bones and amputations
- Head and spinal injuries
- Fatal collisions
Sometimes the extent of your injuries is not immediately obvious, or assumptions can be made about your ability to return to your job or leisure activities after a period of recovery. That is why your road traffic accident lawyers must work with medical and other professionals to gather all the evidence needed to achieve the compensation you need to help rebuild your life. For example, you may have a future loss of earnings claim or you may need financial help retraining into a new career, require adaptations to your home or have ongoing medical and rehabilitation needs, such as physio or hydrotherapy.
Funding Your Road Traffic Accident Claim
Our RTA lawyers will talk to you about no-win no fee funding, so you do not have to pay legal fees whether you win or lose your RTA claim and alternative funding options.
Road Traffic Accident Lawyers, Glasgow, Aberdeen Scotland
Whatever the nature of your road traffic accident, our personal injury lawyers can help you take the first steps in securing compensation and then guide you through the claims process.