Medical Negligence Claims
You can make a medical negligence claim if:
- You have received negligent medical treatment that was below the standard that you could reasonably expect to receive for your condition
- The incorrect or poor treatment resulted in your sustaining pain and suffering or injury
- You are within the time limit to make a claim
Our medical negligence lawyers will discuss your potential claim and the next steps. It is important to speak to a specialist personal injury lawyer as soon as you suspect that you received negligent treatment to make sure your claim is within time limits. It does not matter if you are receiving ongoing treatment for the condition, as you can still claim if the original treatment was negligent.
Types Of Medical Negligence Claims
As specialist medical negligence lawyers, we advise on the full range of personal injury claims involving medical negligence, including:
- Dental negligence – by dentists and orthodontists
- Clinical negligence claims – such as misdiagnosis or incorrect prescriptions, or failure to review treatment plans resulting in a worsening in your condition that could have been prevented by reasonable medical treatment
- Surgical negligence arising from an operation or surgical procedure
- Maternity-related medical negligence that creates medical issues for the mother or baby
Medical negligence claims can be made against general practitioners, surgeons, hospitals, hospices, opticians, and medical care providers, such as physiotherapists.
Compensation For Medical Negligence
If our medical negligence lawyers can prove that your injuries are due to negligence on the part of a medical professional, you will be entitled to compensation. The amount you receive will depend on the financial loss sustained by you (such as loss of earnings), the extent of your pain and suffering, and your future care and rehabilitation needs, as well as any ongoing financial loss. For example, you may not be able to return to the job you were doing before the medical negligence, or your house may need to be adapted to your needs.
Our team will carefully assess your claim and work out the best evidence to secure you the compensation you need. This is likely to include reports from independent medical experts and, depending on the extent of the negligence and its impact on you, rehabilitation specialists.
Make a Free Enquiry today with our Medical Negligence Lawyers Glasgow, Aberdeen, Scotland
Our medical negligence lawyers offer no win, no fee funding in appropriate cases and can discuss funding options with you.
With our experience and professionalism, we are the team you need to fight your corner when it comes to your medical negligence claim.